Yesterday, I went to grab groceries at Publix. While waiting in line, I realized the man behind me was balancing some awkward-looking boxes of something and really only had a few items, while my cart was full. I told him to go on and go ahead of me. He chatted with me in line, and kept up a running conversation. I talked about how this is the first year Audra will actually interact with Christmas in any real way, so we're going all out, and how Christmas as an adult involves a lot more worrying about how to afford it than I realized. We laughed about that, and talked about his three kids and how much fun -they- have, being older kids.
What I didn't realize was that his conversation was an attempt to distract me (a successful one, I might add).
He bought me a forty dollar Publix gift card as a thank you!
That was a moment of real joy and gratitude, yesterday - and a reminder to remember how kind we can be to each other.
I promised to feature three photos from #FindJoyinNovember each week, but I've run into a problem. I can't possibly share just three. Instead, I've put together, well... a few more than that.
These photos off Instagram and Twitter:
These photos off of Facebook:
And this photo, sent via text message with the following description: "JOY = playing together, no adult in the same room, no blood, crying, or screaming. Life is good! Now... if they would learn to sleep in until seven!"
Obviously I seriously just could not narrow this week down to only three. We'll see what next week brings! Meanwhile, let's talk about this giveaway I promised. My friend Liz and I went together on this one, so that we could give away even more fun little gifts for you or maybe even to pass on to family members. Included is:
- A Modern Forestry hand-poured soy candle, made right here in Greenville, SC - the scent is Christmas Orange and it's -lovely-. Just absolutely perfect.
- A tea-towel from Vintage Home Studio, also made here in Greenville! I absolutely love these towels and already own one of my own. They're beautiful, but really are made to be used!
- A sign made by the owner and proprietor of Mostly Made in the South, a lovely little store just off of Woodruff Road in my city (it's where I bought the first four things in this giveaway!). She makes a lot of signs like this, and I really love them, so I knew I wanted one included in this giveaway! (I've also picked up an infinity scarf from her that I really love, and she's got several super cute ones right now, including a beautiful brown-and-ivory pattern that I do a lot of wistful daydreaming about. Go check out her store!)
- A matcha green tea soap from Tiny Home Soaps (made right down the road in Easley). These soaps are so pretty they can be "show" soaps out in the guest bathroom or keep them all for yourself. I would probably keep them for myself, I won't lie.
- A coffee (or tea) mug that says "Hello Beauty Full" - because we all need that greeting sometimes.
- Tea Tree Castile soap. Let me tell you, it smells amazing.
- Two moleskine journals, for when you want to really write those positive thoughts down and start your day (or end it) on the right foot.
- A beautiful purple photo frame, complete with a printable on the inside that says "Inspire Someone Today".
- A little bottle full of gift tags - perfect for Christmas presents or just any reason you feel like giving people presents (sometimes Liz just gives presents because it's Tuesday.)
- Peppermint Stick hand cream from philosophy (not pictured, because I forgot about it until after I took the photo.) Just the right size for tossing in your purse.
Interested in winning this giant pile of great stuff? Enter the giveaway!
The winner will be chosen completely at random based on the entries, and the giveaway is open to those in the USA and Canada (sorry, everyone else! I just can't swing those kinds of shipping costs). The giveaway will run until the end of November! The winner will be chosen by random number generator on December 1st and notified that same day. The package will be mailed within three business days after I receive your shipping address. Fingers crossed, you'll have no problem getting your prize package in time for Christmas!
Here's How to Enter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Let's keep up the #FindJoyinNovember momentum! I hope to keep seeing your awesome photos on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, your blog... wherever it is your post 'em!