Monday, February 16, 2015

Day 1


See that? That is my driveway.

It's not normally white, but right now it is, completely covered in sleet after hours of it coming down.

When I left work, the cars were just starting to ice up but the road was pretty clean. It still took almost 35 minutes to make a 22 minute drive, but that's only because the cars in front of me weren't driving home so much as they were sort of aimlessly drifting in and out of roads and lanes, and if their random trajectory went past their houses, well that was nice. Otherwise, they were too terrified to either hit the gas or the brake, so they just... coasted.

We all just coasted home.

As a transplanted Midwesterner, I find this uniquely infuriating, because everyone would be safer if they drove faster when the roads were still clean rather than putt-puttin' on their way while the ice builds up.

Work was... brain-draining, but in a good way. It's a whole new industry and something I have never done before (well, I've done bits and pieces but never all together and never in this particular way) so there is a lot of learning going on. I actually am pretty fascinated by digging into the training that I have available to me, because I'm learning about how certain individual things I did know about fit together in order to create kind of a whole third thing I didn't know about. (You'll forgive the vague; like I said, I'm trying to maintain a polite privacy for the company) I completed an assignment today, though, so I felt pretty rockin' on my way home.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow, after a few more training videos and more work on my next assignment.

Audra, meanwhile, is going through what I can only call "yet another growth spurt", in which she eats her own weight it feels like every day (although at least "her own weight" at this point involved all sorts of random foods, not just milk), sleeps only in fits and starts (hence my 3:30 am wakeup this morning) and wants nothing but snugglin', all day and all night.

I made it through Day 1.

Let's see if I'm even able to get my car out of the carport for day 2!

2 comments:

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!