Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Currently


Reading: Motherhood Smotherhood by JJ Keith. I've picked up a serious weakness for "mommy humor" books, especially when that humor isn't exactly Leave it to Beaver. JJ Keith takes on all that weird pressure (much of it internet driven) that has popped up in parenthood it seems just within the last few years. I'm also reading The Whole-Brain Child, because I am also totally one of those parents she kind of lampoons. Or at least I think I'm probably going to be.

Doing: Cleaning up after dinner. I threw together a really quick green-chilis-and-pinto-bean soup with herbed biscuit dumplings because Audra just absolutely refused her late nap today. She would not sleep. I tried all the tricks, and they did not work. Luckily for us, she's pretty cheerful and snuggly right now. I'm very worried about what's going to happen when we try to get her to sleep tonight, though.

Watching: We're watching through Friends on Netflix. I've been really surprised by how much I just completely memorized of that show without realizing it. Whole scenes I can recite verbatim of a show I haven't seen since I was going into college. I suppose now we know why it is I can't do math. All the 'Friends' quotes pushed calculus out.

Working On: letting the universe remind me that optimism isn't always the same as being naive.

Loving: I think we all know the answer to this one.

2 comments:

  1. Awww is that a Sophie? My friends baby just turned 4 months old and she has a Sophie, and now I am seeing her everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm actually surprised by how much she loves Sophie; not that I thought she wouldn't, I just thought it was kind of overhyped... but man, she's hit where we think she's really starting to think and Sophie is the BEST THING EVER.

      Delete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!