Sunday, July 20, 2014

5 Things - The Let's Not Think About Bedrest Edition



1. In which Esther from Esther From the Sticks recreates the mood, feel, and overall look of several paintings by Henri Toulouse-Lautrec's work with my favorite of his muses, Carmen Gaudin.

If you're not reading Esther, you should be. She's a little artistic dynamo person from the Midwest currently attending the Savannah College of Art & Design, a talented artist in several mediums working towards a Fashion Design degree. She recently hand-made a gorgeously detailed wedding dress on commission, paints her own backdrops for photo shoots, and posts some really useful DIY's as well.

Go check her out. I've meant to include her in these lists before, but I couldn't pass up this set of photos from the Toulouse-Lautrec works, including the simple fact that the skirt she's wearing is one she made just for the occasion.

Just gorgeous photography here.



2. I need new pajamas, right? I totally need new pajamas.

Also?  Life is Good (a brand I love for its insanely comfortable, easy-fit T-shirts and sometimes-cute-sometimes-gorgeous graphics and also they sell decent coffee) has started making maxi dresses. Which got me looking at their site and remembering how soft everything is. Which is why I think I need new pajamas and um, are those maxi dresses made out of the same material as the T-shirts? If so I need one of those too. Oh, and this shirt. And this one. And this.

Right?

Right.

Glad we're on the same page here.

(Except for Jason, who I know totally isn't on that page but you know what, he doesn't count. He's never on that page. He avoids that page like the plague. He mumbled something last time I mentioned this about 'financial responsibility' but I couldn't hear him over the delightful sound of my frivolous spending.)


3. An important quote, and a little bit of a timely one. Here are some others I'm liking today:



This one actually makes me think of my friend Brenna, who started traveling and discovered that she was made to never ever stop moving. I'm all about being rooted to my landscape but there is definitely something to her sort of wild happiness that I love to see.


Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah no.




Well, definitely true.


This is a serious problem for me as an adult, because we bought this whole house and filled it with stuff we like. So every time I try to clean it, I just find more stuff I like...


4. Kiiiiiiinda in love with this purse from Chala Handbags. They're a wholesale-only company - I had to do a bit of online scouring just to find a place that actually listed any prices. I've seen their stuff at Mast General Store in Greenville and I'm pretty much head over heels.

Oh, buy one?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha I'm about to live out of diaper bags forever.

But I can dream, right?

YOU CAN'T TAKE MY DREAMS.


5. ... my nacho-y, nacho-y dreams.

I don't know, guys. I get put on bedrest and suddenly all I want is nachos. Just piles and piles of nachos. I don't know why. I don't know how I expect them to magically appear, since I am too lazy to create my own nachos. But nachos.

Naaaaaachoooooos.

Add to that - I'm not really supposed to eat a ton of salty food, which I have actually been very good about since getting back from my trip to Illinois.

Is there such a thing as low-sodium nachos? Is that a world I can go live in for a while, one where they have those? Maybe I should just spend my bedrest time researching how to make my own unsalted tortilla chips. Are unsalted tortilla chips even a real thing you can make, or is that just too sad for reality?

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine avoiding salty food NOW, let alone while battling intense hormones and probably sweating even more than normal (I sweat a lot).

    I also have a friend who's kind of a gypsy an travels all the time. It's kind of crazy and awesome, right? Makes you feel like two tandem stories in some modern fiction book about sisterhood (except without sucking, like most of that Oprah book club type shit does.)

    Was that elongated "Naaaaaachoooooos" a Nacho Libre reference? (you know like uh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g6GhHvSjXM)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a reference to Invader Zim and Gir's "Burrrrriiiiittooooooo" moment. Nacho Libre is also acceptable ;)

      Delete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!