Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tomboy Style, Plus One: Week 29


I have got to figure out a way to start taking these photos in the morning, before the sun is all the way up. Taking them in the afternoon is too much heat and sun and sweat and squint.

Not that it would help that much; it's still just... just hot. Like it always is, every year, but good Lord.

I want you to know that my house is very, very air-conditioned right now. And I still sometimes loll around moaning about the injustice of it all. Usually after I've eaten, because about ten minutes after I eat now I spend the next forty or so being one hundred million degrees.

Okay, so that's probably an exaggeration, but I do find myself continually surprised that the air around me isn't super-heated enough to melt things, or at least to cause some kind of newsworthy meteorological event to occur.

If I took these photos at 6:30 in the morning, though, that would cut into my coffee time.

My coffee time is very important to me.
 

I can't give you much in the way of developments this week. Every time anyone asks me how I'm doing, I have a tendency to reply, "Still gestatin'," and leave it at that. Because really, that's about all I do now.

Well, and also chores. And work and stuff. Work is super busy right now, which is nice because I have something to do with my brain all day, but also pretty exhausting because I am hauling this considerable bulk around everywhere I go.

And also it's hot.

So basically I come home and I'm a slug.

It's a pretty thought, I know.


This is what happens when I try to take pictures of my shoes indoors.

All three of the animals have joined me in Slugfest 2014, by the way; they are all sprawled out on our couches taking up every conceivable spot of space. We have two couches and somehow they still do this.

There's not 100 pounds of animal between all three of them, but they have ensured that I am incapable of relaxing in my own living room without inconveniencing at least one of them, which I won't do because they are all our beloved spoiled brats who are in for a serious rude awakening soon enough.

For now, I let them sleep.

In two months, ain't nobody going to be sleepin'.


In Case You Want to Recreate This Mess:
Denim Shirt: Land's End, similar
Tank top: Land's End Canvas, similar
Maxi skirt: Liz Lange Maternity via Target, here
Shoes: Old Navy espadrilles, old, similar
Necklace: Out of the gift shop I run at work

4 comments:

  1. Looking pretty pregnant these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look cute while squinting, so things could be worse.

    My cat looks so pissed about his fur right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO GET HIM SHAVED GO DO IT IT WOULD BE AWESOME

      Delete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!