Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tomboy Style, Plus One: 27 Weeks


Yes, yes. There's the "bump". It was going to start sticking out eventually, we might as well get this part over with, right? What's funny is that my stomach looks gigantic and I honestly haven't gained much weight yet. So I've become an anomaly of physics. I'm enjoying that.

Also, you may note - we're skipping week 26. I know, I know, it's tragic. But I had told you it was unlikely I would wear anything I thought was particularly interesting, and you know what? I didn't really wear anything interesting.

I know myself so well.

Not that today's offering is necessarily what anyone would call 'interesting', except that I really like this shirt and I wanted to give myself some kind of way to wear it to work. It's a sleeveless button-up from Boden, in a super-summery yellow plaid pattern.

It's basically the perfect summer shirt.

... I'm basically too pregnant to wear it in the manner it was intended to be worn.

So... there needed to be some inventiveness.

Despite the temperatures South Carolina is already aspiring to (we had a really nice like four days of cool weather! I want to do that again!), my office means that I can wear cardigans whenever. Since cardigans are basically the thing I wear more than anything else in the world (see examples A, B, C, and D)... this kind of works for me.



I ended up wearing it buttoned until the idea of continuing to do so became pretty seriously ridiculous, then threw the cardigan on over it to cover up.

Are those jeans insanely huge? Yes. Are they insanely comfortable? Yes and yes. And let me tell you, style bloggers can teeter around on their four-inch heels and their pencil skirts and their skintight skinny jeans all through their pregnancies and I will never envy them, because I'm wearing glorified pajamas, ladies.

Beat that.

I am officially entering the three-month countdown. This means I shall only grow more gigantic and uncomfortable from here on out. The upside is that one way or another, it's going to end eventually.

The downside is that I haven't gotten a full night's sleep since week 22, which by the way if you're going to be sleep-deprived for years you'd think your body would at least let you enjoy the last couple of months, right?

Nope. Not a chance.



 On the other hand, last night I had a dream about listening to one of my favorite professors from college talk about winning the lottery and then helping one of the characters from Boy Meets World decode a love letter a different character had written him. And I remember all of it, in every boring pointless detail. Maybe I'm not sleeping through the night, but at least my brain's putting on a show when I do sleep, right?

Right now I spend most of my time hiding from the evil sun monster. I don't know what possessed me to have a baby in August. I cannot figure it out. It's like I forgot what state I lived in, or suddenly became convinced we had a summer house in Sweden or something.

Nope.


I may just lie on the hardwood floors for the next couple of months.

With an ice cube taped to my forehead.


In Case You Want to Recreate This Mess:
Cardigan: Target, ancient and threadbare - similar here

Shirt: Boden, here
Jeans: Gap, here
Shoes: Old Navy, old - similar here
Necklace: Bought from a local artist out of the gift shop I run. 

2 comments:

  1. i love the color and pattern of that shirt. and of course i love me some cardigans haha i, too, rely on the A/C to allow me to wear them throughout the summer. phew! heat, humidity and pregnancy DO NOT mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We planned badly, I think, we summer pregos. Next time I am having a baby in February or early March so I can wear sweaters all winter long and LAYER. Without it looking vaguely ridiculous because it's 80 degrees outside, haha.

      Or, you know, almost 90. BEcause this is South Carolina. Yeesh.

      Delete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!