Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Smile of Encroaching Insanity


I have taken fifty jillion photos today. Of coffee, of the dog, of the cat, of my own blankets, of tea, or  a flower, of the dog again...

Guys, it has not even been a full week and I am LOSING MY MIND from cabin fever.

 I have a possibility of three more weeks of this before I'm cleared to go back to work. That photo up there is the forced smile of a woman rapidly going mad from boredom.

I can't do much; if I stand up for more than five minutes at a time I get suddenly very tired and must sit down again. I have been forbidden from being useful, because to be useful is to expend physical effort, and I don't have the energy to spare. I read, but sometimes the brain is weary of words. I watch Netflix, but sometimes I get so tired of TV I want to throw it across the room, but I couldn't do that anyway because I can't lift anything right now. I make endless cups of tea because the time to boil the water, steep, add honey and milk and drink it is at least something to do.

I haven't even put on anything but yoga pants since Friday morning when I left for the hospital. Sometimes I put on jewelry and then take it off again.

I colored puppies in my coloring book. Strangely, that helped.

I nap a lot, but while I wake up feeling refreshed, and I am tired again ten minutes later.

Jason comes home for lunch right now, and that is a serious bright spot in my day. Today, a friend of mine came and hung out with me for a while before lunch, and I cannot tell you how much that helped, just to chat with someone who is a part of the Outside World. I feel like Quasimodo, peeking out the window at the neighbors and singing glorious songs about Out There.

And I have do this for weeks longer.

I am going to put together a 5 things post for tomorrow just to have something to do. That'll take some time, right?

Right?

Eh, who am I kidding.

I'll be back on Pinterest in ten minutes, and asleep twenty minutes after that.

And yet somehow still bored.

This has been your regular update from the land of the overly dramatic, exaggeration-prone ladies.

4 comments:

  1. It took me way to long to realize this was YOUR blog and not a blog you were just sharing posts from. Heh. I'm sorry about your cabin fever. I know what it's like to be stuck at home and seemingly forbidden to leave (although mine is usually due to the sharing of a single car). I'll try to remember to periodically prod you so you might be distracted for a mo from your current situation. :)
    sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, this is my blog. Such as it is.

    I wouldn't even mind if it was just due to a single car, because I would go on insanely long walks to pass the time, but I can't even walk! Well, I mean, I CAN but I rapidly regret it.

    On the other hand, thanks to the kindness of friends and Jason, I have had more Starbucks brought to me this week than I normally drink in the month. So... that's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some day very soon, when you're totally recovered, you'll find yourself too busy to wind away hours on Pinterest and think "OH SWEET IRONY!!"


    I wound up in the ICU for 5 days with H1N1 related pneumonia four years ago, and was totally frail and down for the count for weeks afterward. I went totally nuts. So I do sympathize, my dear. Keep your chin up, it'll be over before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right? Once I'm up and aboot I will be wondering why I didn't enjoy all this enforced relaxation more!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!