Monday, July 29, 2013

Blegh. Blegh is a Word, Right? Let's Say It's a Word.

Overdid it yesterday, apparently. Jason and I had to run an errand, which was alright, and we had lunch, where I became sleepy and didn't feel great but that was okay. Then we went over to my in-laws for dinner and I nearly fell asleep at the counter two or three times. The ride home was no fun at all.

Dinner was fantastic, by the way; my sister-in-law just spent a few weeks over in Italy taking a cooking class abroad, and she cooked for us last night to show us some of what she learned. We had delicious caponata, which I have never had fresh before, and then a dish whose name I never learned but I suspect is some variation on "chicken with grapes and cashews". That was really amazing, too. Dinner with my in-laws is always awesome, so I'm glad that I went. Jason and I had a really good time.

By the time we got home, though, I was beginning to regret my choices and basically just laid down on the couch and read a book until I could fall asleep.

I woke up today incredibly sore, not particularly happy, and feeling like despite my seven hours I had hardly slept a wink. I've just sort of dozed in and out all day. Jason stopped by during lunch, which I managed to be at least a little bit conscious for. Otherwise I am basically good for nothing today.

I may not have much positive to say today, but here, have a couple of really pretty things I've seen on etsy lately. At least I'll feel like I gave you guys something worthwhile in return for you reading all these words.



and



Made by a local Greenville artist, which is even cooler. I kinda really need this in my life. I would love to have it hanging on my wall above the TV, and it even matches my orange wall.

Hmmm... I plot.

So there. Now I feel like we're a little bit back on track. 



5 comments:

  1. Oof, I'm sorry you felt crappy after having fun. MC jokes about me doing this all the time -- if I get sick, I whine like a baby, lay around and rest, feel slightly better and inevitably get bored, get up and do something, overexert myself, feel shittier, whine like a baby.....rinse, repeat. I hope that a little rest helped level you back up.

    Also: I dig the vintage style of those prints. Awesome colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, recovery is just a vicious cycle for me right now. I keep thinking, "It's been a week, surely I can do this!" and then... nope.

    I am a color hound. Everything I love tends to be a ridiculous series of every color under the sun. I joke that I always look like somebody's eccentric fourth grade art teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of the first piece of artwork. Love the mix of pattern, shape and color <3

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for checking out my blog! Don't worry- once winter comes and everyone up here is frozen, you'll have your revenge! I've been scrolling through your blog, and it looks like you've been having a few tough days! I had to have a pretty serious surgery a few years ago so I remember the days. You can't even enjoy lying around and being lazy because it's so frustrating not to be able to do things! I hope everything keeps getting better and you're back to your old self soon!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haley - Thanks for coming by! Yeah, I am more than a little bit a fan of these really stylized animals/places. Something about it just feels right to me.

    Kaitlin - Thanks! I am now able to leave the house for short bursts (although, obviously I have repercussions, haha), so I am hopeful that I can start my life back up next week. You know your cabin fever is bad when you're excited for WORK to start back up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!