Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Kind of Constellation


There is a spider who lives in our cactus planter outside. He is the size of the white part of my pinkie nail and oddly crystalline, nearly see-through. He looks like a spider made out of some kind of slightly dull quartz, or a deeply flawed diamond. He has made himself a tiny web, with a heavily woven piece at the center that he sits in, all day, waiting. He's woven it between two cacti, and he never bothers anybody or tries to leave his web, so I leave him be.

It rained this morning, and I never did remember to move the cacti in beforehand.

So now he has a tiny water starscape suspended along the lines of his home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!