Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Define "Damp" In Three Words or Less.

That's damp.


This is damp.

So is this.
--------------------------------------

That was yesterday, in the afternoon. The sky had opened up on us once early on, and off and on for the rest of the day we had these cycles of terrible humid nothing -  not sunny exactly, just gray and suffocating and tense - then torrential downpour, with no happy medium in between.

 Luckily, it cleared up twenty minutes or so before I had to leave to home, which is a saving grace - people forget how to drive the minute they see raindrops on their windshields.

Last night I made Joy the Baker's Mexican Roasted Zucchini for dinner, and it was delicious and I am telling you to go look up that super-easy recipe and make it. Make it right now.


In other news, I found these necklaces for super cheap at the mall last weekend; I had to return something from online that was too big (!!!!), and God knows I'm a sucker for beautiful pretty jewelry things. I've been looking for a tiny silver necklace I could wear with basically anything, and this starfish from Fiore Boutique (which has sparkly bits you can't really see in this photo) fits the bill. I snagged two of these sort of friendship-bracelet-design necklaces, the one above and one with a more turquoise feel, from Gap (yes, Gap; I hear you laughing, Mom) and I am currently trying to figure out how to make more of my very own.

If I figure it out, you guys will be the first to get linked. I'm a giver that way.

 I absolutely promise I will return here to tell you, unless I don't find anything or if I forget to look entirely. You can probably guess which of those options is more likely to happen.

The last couple of days at work have been crazy busy, and then I'm working on a project for a friend (that I, the eternal procrastinator, put off finishing until the last minute - or, in this case, the last two weeks), so I've barely had time to breathe, let alone blog.

The Fourth of July is coming up rapidly, and I am looking forward to having a day off in a big way. Originally I was going to head back to Illinois to see my family, but we've had some stuff come up, so that won't be happening.

So I will be melancholy, but a Thursday off work is a Thursday off work; you won't hear me complain about that.

In other other news, I really wish people who are retired would stop telling me at great length how wonderful it is, almost always while I'm sitting behind a desk smiling at them or trying to run an errand really quick in the morning before I have to leave for work. Not that I blame them; you've earned it, go have fun! Be free! Free as the wind blows, free as the grass grooooooows...

But I don't need to hear about the wonder and majesty of getting up whenever you please to go hike up in the mountains when I haven't gotten more than six hours of actual sleep in four days and I am rapidly turning into the angry bear from the movie Brave.

Only less cute.

I want you to picture that rabid, mouth-foaming nasty furious magically huge ponity-fanged bear-thing and then I want you to make it less just adorably adorable in your mind, and then you have me for the past four or five days.

If you take anything away from this blog, new readers, I want that last paragraph to be it.; I want you to forever picture me as a giant angry bear.

It'd be a fairly accurate image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!