Friday, May 31, 2013

Peachy Pancakes For Two

Man, it's been a while since I've done a recipe. Not for any particular reason; I've been cooking up delicious foods (especially since Jason and I started getting a localized veggie/fruit delivery every week), but I keep eating them so fast I forget to take pictures. And what's a recipe without photos? Well... it's still a recipe. But much less fun to read.

Anyway, yesterday I had a little extra time in the morning and made myself an adaptation of a pancake recipe I found while trying to search for 'healthy pancakes'. I'm going to tell you right here and now? No such thing.

What I did manage to do was take a distinctly unhealthy recipe and make it very slightly less unhealthy.

So, easiest awesome Sunday (or... Thursday) morning breakfast in the world... Peachy Pancakes!


Ingredients

3/4 cup whole wheat all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 ripe peach, diced as finely as possible
Canola or vegetable oil, for the pan


Onto the Creation!
  
This is the easiest thing ever. Mix all your wet ingredients (minus the peaches) together in one bowl and all your dry ingredients in another. Add the dry to the wet and mix thoroughly, then fold in your diced peaches.

Heat up a tablespoon or two of the oil in a skillet. Drop in the pancake mix with about two tablespoons for each pancake. When you start seeing bubbles in your pancake (like little holes in the surface), flip to the other side. You should need only a minute or two for each side. 

Your mix should make about six pancakes, which is perfect for two people. 

You can top it with syrup, whipped cream, or whatever. In the photos I topped it with a couple of tablespoons of nonfat Greek yogurt, which I really like the taste of, and some blueberries and honey. Looking at the photos makes me wish I'd had whipped cream, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!