Sunday, April 28, 2013

Rainy Day(s), Wish I Had...

It is raining. It rained yesterday. It started raining the day before that. It's going to continue to rain until probably Tuesday. This makes for a moody time... or it would, except that I spent most of my day busy giggling over brunch with friends at Southern Culture.

Which makes for an awesome happy day that even sad gray clouds cannot penetrate. Take that, sad gray clouds.

I met up with several of my female friends; most of them had the bottomless mimosas, we nearly ALL had coffee, and I had a crack at their Bloody Mary bar, which was wonderful. Except I really would have liked some pickled shrimp or something. On the other hand, I got to put a stick of freaking bacon in my drink, which goes a long way towards making up for the lack of shrimp.

One black bean burger and stack of fried green tomatoes and a whole lot of coffee (and mimosas, for the others) later, we did some splitting apart and a few of us went to my friend Sarah's house. And then there were cookies. Because Sarah makes us lattes and cookies and then we will follow her everywhere forever. Like caffeinated drunk puppies.

So this rainy day has nothin' on me. Can't crack my shine. So there.

On the other hand, rainy days do make me think about useful clothing items I inexplicably don't have, like, y'know... rain boots... or... a rain coat... or an umbrella...




  




Even my ideal outfits full of things I want but don't have are... colorful.

I tend to look like a box of Crayons threw up on me, and I like it that way.

Whatever, I do what I want.

Can't crack my shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!