Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bonding, Sort Of


This is as close as they'll ever get, although the dog steadfastly maintains otherwise and insists on following the cat around the house. He seems to think her yowls and hisses are just her way of saying I love you.

He's an optimist, that puppy. Although I think all puppies are optimists by definition.

In the background is my Young Adult library (L'Engle, Lois Lowry, Neil Gaiman, Ellen Wittlinger, Phillip Pullman, etc and so forth), Carl Sandburg poetry books, Penny Arcade's collected comics, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Kate's Beaton's Hark! A Vagrant collection, a book on aromatherapy someone gave me (Shelly? I think?), The World Made Straight by local author Ron Rash, and the Chronicles of Narnia.

And that's only the top shelf.

Someday I will tell you how many books we own... just as soon as I know the answer to that question.

ALSO:

Go over to the Noisy Plume and read her poem today, written after Boston but I think with the recent factory explosion in West, Texas it's just incredibly applicable to this whole week.

"this will only go so far, and then it too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!