Friday, March 22, 2013

Tomboy Style, of a Sort: Navy Equals Classy, Right?


Just to ensure everyone is happy, here is a photo of my dog.

I don't mean to do another Tomboy Style so close on the heels of the last one, I just don't have much to say today. I didn't plan out a 5 Things post, so I am devoid of thoughts. I am brainless. I have the dumb. So clothes photos it is.

I just finished reading Banished by Lauren Drain, a memoir about her life in and what led her to leave the Church-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named... you know the one I mean. The one from Kansas with all the signs. That picket the funerals of soldiers and gay people. It is compelling and uncomfortable and enraging and enthralling all at the same time. She does the best job I've yet seen of explaining how the actual members of said church reconcile their beliefs with the terrible things they are party to.

Definitely recommend.


So, anyway.

I like color.


I'm not sure you noticed.

I especially like wild color on days that promise to be gray, which is a promise I can safely say today has kept and then some.


Keepin' it classy with navy. Because if I add navy, it makes a whole outfit instantly classy. I think I read that somewhere.

Also, I am aware that there are people who do not like self-portraits in blogs. If any of those people want to come take photos of me, that would be awesome. Because I don't particularly like 'em either. I just like the mental image of everyone slowly shaking their heads as they scroll down this post.


This picture included entirely because my dog is staring all confused in the background and that amuses me.

The green shirt (the color no longer exists) and vest (this link is to the plus-size version, which is the only version left; mine isn't plus-sized I think) are from the Lands' End store inside Sears and were a Christmas present from my awesome mother, scarf is from New York & Company (old), necklace made by a local artist that I carry in my shop at work, cardigan and shoes from Target, jeans from Old Navy.

And now I am off to eat random-stuff-from-the-cabinet-casserole, which promises to be a culinary delight... or at least be full of surprises.

2 comments:

  1. Nope, not plus sized, just regular size.

    I say it's your blog, you post whatever pics you want. If people don't like self-portraits, then they don't have to read, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your blog and your beautiful, bold, COLORFUL style! All of it makes me so happy- glad I stumble upon it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!