Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Shall Bury You in Photos of Leaves

I am watching (or about to watch, rather) the Vice Presidential debates. I had to watch the first Presidential debate after-the-fact, so I'm happy to see this one live on CSPAN's website.

So it's me, Jason, the cat, and some pumpkin hot chocolate I just made to use up the last of the pumpkin puree and coconut milk from our soup the other night, and the acting Vice President vs. the candidate for Vice President.

On the other hand, the lead-up stuff gives me time to put up some more pictures from vacation.

My last big post was just about Bryson City and the Fryemont Inn. These photos are from the hike - mostly from Deep Creek. It was overcast and a little bit rainy, which made the light quality strange and intense. All the trees were not just dark brown but pitch black with wet, the leaves were unbelievably vibrant.


.


.


.

.

.


.


.


.

I have so many more pictures - these are all I've had time to work on. Look for more photos in upcoming Wordless Wednesday posts.

Oh, the debate is about to start apparently. They seem to be done telling everyone to turn their cell phones off already, so I'm taking that as a sign.

Well, I'm off.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! All of that glorious water! Beautiful pix. The Rio Grande is completely dry right now, so life is a little strange. Hope all is lovely with you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!