Sunday, August 26, 2012

Nine

Today:


 Watching a runner fly by us on the Swamp Rabbit Trail.


An old train car gone to rust, reminding us that the trail used to be railroad tracks.


We started the walk early enough that the morning glories hadn't yet curled up to hide from the heat.
They were everywhere, in all sorts of colors.


Coffee (me hot, Jason iced) and lunch at the Swamp Rabbit Cafe.

 (I had something called a pogacha, which appeared to be like a delicious calzone of beef, feta, and spinach, Jason had a turkey sandwich on rosemary bread.)


A painted tree on a big hunk of granite, sort of a cheery reminder on the side of the trail to enjoy all this nature around us. Also it makes me want to start painting on rocks (again).


What appears to be wild bamboo grows everywhere along the edges, if you know where to look.

Where does the title for this entry come from? Well, nine is the amount of miles Jason and I walked today.

My feet are very angry with me. So are my legs. 

Also my thighs... 

Basically, everything from the waist down is full of rage at my choices. On the other hand, I successfully proved to myself today that I can walk nine miles in one go. I'm going to call that an achievement.

So, now that I know I can do it...

Well, I'm going to go get a bike so I never have to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!