Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Frog, Sick, House, Insert Word Here

I don't feel terribly well today, so here's a frog:




He and his brothers and sisters live in our bog at work. This is not the end result of the earlier tadpole picture - that was a bullfrog tadpole, and he hides deeper. These are sweet, colorful little green frogs who plop under the water when I walk up, and if I sit still on the sunny rock, come back up and hang out until I move again.

This morning I woke up, took a shower, stumbled out of the bathroom and thought, Yeah, I'm not going to work today. My stomach was apparently the setting for some kind of terrible hurricane and my head had become collateral damage. It was about all I had to make it to the computer.

I called in sick, took some medicine, laid down, and slept and slept and slept. Well, actually what I did was lay down on the couch, sleep, wake up in an uncomfortable position and go sit at the computer for a few minutes, fall asleep in my chair, then wake up with my neck hurting and go back to bed, and sleep there. Going back to actual bed was apparently the trick, because I stayed asleep in there for some time.

I'm up now. I feel about a hundred zillion times better, though. Sleep is the great healer, let me tell you.

It's 1 PM and I am just now having my coffee.

Tomorrow should be back to business as usual.

We think we had kind of a breakthrough while house-hunting yesterday - I'm not going to jinx anything by going into detail too early, but cross your fingers, say a prayer, light a candle or draw a happy face in sidewalk chalk on your driveway for us... hopefully within the next two to three weeks I'll have the best kind of happy news.

Well, the second-best kind.

The best kind of happy news is going to have to wait for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!