Friday, September 9, 2011

This is kind of rambling. And by kind of I mean really.



This week I did the following:

I worked. I had delicious chili as made by my friend Shelly after work on Labor Day (oh yes, I worked on Labor Day. Holiday pay is a pretty good incentive). I inhaled pumpkin spice lattes all week long once they started on Tuesday. I met up with friends again for friend-time Wednesday night. Cue more working. I made some sort of strange southwestern chicken dish for Jason last night for dinner. We agreed we should probably get groceries soon. I did not work today. I went to the library and turned in books and got more books, I had coffee with my friend Sherrie while she was on her lunch break at work, I petted the cat.

I've done a bit of drawing, which feels fantastic.

Tonight, more friend-time. This has been a week of friend-time... really, the last couple of weeks have been. It's been pretty nice.

Jason has a job! I just realized I never updated here (although my facebook companions are well aware of it). He works day shifts, so we'll need to pick up a second car. We are excited to finally have gotten a lucky break. Crossing my fingers for more to come.

It has finally started to cool down a little bit. We've had some pretty nice, breezy days. I can't wait for fall, even if it does set in almost a month later than back up in Illinois. I dream about sweaters and my SmartWool socks and buying some new long pants for fall. I have lots of mundane dreams, really. Sometimes I dream about grocery shopping. Occasionally i have had dreams about hanging out with the cat. Seriously.

I'm going to settle in to some reading and working on the grocery list for now. Tomorrow, Jason and I are going downtown as is generally our usual plan for when I have Saturdays off... but tomorrow there is something called the Indie Craft Parade happening downtown and I would like to go see it! And maybe take pictures. And maybe blog about it later.

You can never tell with me. I'm all wild and crazy-like.

Maybe I won't even go read. Maybe I'll just go lay down in the sunlight like a cat. I'm pretty sure I could purr if I tried hard enough.

Today, while driving here, there and everywhere, I heard a really good interview on NPR with Friar Lyndon Harris, who was in charge of St. Paul's Episcopal Church (the tiny chapel across the street from the World Trade Center) on September 11th, 2001. The Cherokee County Arts and History Museum is doing an exhibit right now with all kinds of artifacts and stories about what happened with St. Paul's at the time.

He talked about 9/11, what it meant, what happened with St. Paul's. The podcast is here. I teared up while driving, I laughed along with him when he laughed. I recommend the podcast to anyone who has the time or inclination to listen to it: most of the interview is about what happened after the day itself, how St. Paul's dealt with being turned into an impromptu memorial site, a place to counsel, to rage, to grieve and to help.

By the end of the interview, I was really, really impressed with Fr. Harris.

And that's all I've got to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!