Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Overturned



It is raining like a wild creature outside, like the sky just fell open and let all the rain out at once. It was a humid, hot day, so I wasn't surprised to get rain, but... our drive home from the grocery store was kind of exciting. Also full of water spraying up from the tires in perfect waves, which while kind of pretty, is also a little unnerving.

We came in from the rain looking like drowned cats, which our cat did not really at all appreciate. She's currently hiding from the bad bad thunder noises.

I leave for Illinois Friday (!!!!) morning, so it has occurred to me I should probably look into that whole, y'know, 'packing' thing. And then it occurs to me that I really like playing video games a lot more than I like packing. So we'll see what happens.

My plans for tonight consist mostly of fruit, my favorite sarsaparilla soda, and curling up with my husband to either watch TV, play video games, or just be so cute we actually annoy people who cannot even see us.

I'm going to miss him while I'm gone.

But I'll get to see so many people I've been missing for months, and my head and my heart both sing about how it's almost time to leave, almost time for me to be there, almost that moment I'll see my mom and my dad, my brother and my sister and my whole family again. Maybe the bright blue upturned bowl that is the sky in the Midwest on a sunny day.

I don't have a lot photographs lately, just a picture here or there of a fun angle or some close-up of my porch... heh. A pile of photos from my friend's daughter's fifth birthday party that I have yet to get anything done with.

I need to decide what clothes to wear for a week, what shoes to take, if I need any jewelry but my wedding ring. The only time I get truly girly, I suppose, is when I'm packing or if a spider appears somewhere in my house. Of course, what is going to take the longest when packing is going to be the Battle of Books, wherein I try to decide how to limit myself to just one or two books for my trip, because I can't possibly need more than three for just one week, but you know... you never know. What I want to read the fourth book I vetoed at the last second?

Clearly, this is a conundrum.

In any case, dinner is almost ready, it is still raining like some kind of mythical battle is happening outside, and I think that's about all I had to say for today.



If you don't mind, I think I'll go hide from the thunder with the cat, under the bed.

2 comments:

  1. oh man I wish it was raining here...we need some relief from the heat. I love the first photo you took of the rain, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of rainfall here, The rain seems love us

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!