Saturday, July 23, 2011

Illinois

Clearly, I live.

Plane took off exactly on time and landed a few minutes before we were officially scheduled to. I panicked during takeoff, as per usual, and panicked less during landing, which was nice. You would think with the serious amount of flying I've done in the past twelve months that I'd be able to handle takeoff by now, but... no.

So I'm here in flatland, corn and soybeans all around, and it feels... nice. It's too hot here for people to be outside much during the day; I told my dad it feels like home, only less humid.

I have watched my niece scamper, and scheme, and probably a bunch of other actions that start with the letter S. She's hilarious and I keep thinking how different she is every time I'm here.

Last night my niece stayed up later than I did, although she got a nap in the evening so she had the advantage there. I got to wander out right before sleep and see her drawing with glow in the dark sidewalk chalk, which was pretty cool. I didn't even know that existed.

My brother-in-law made a gigantic circle of bread - I mean seriously enormous. We had the bread for dinner last night - there were burgers and hot dogs and fried pumpkin blossoms (YES I got to have some!) which I have pictures of but can't post just yet. I had JW's bread with this sort of meat spread he had brought and delicious goat cheese. So last night's dinner was pretty much awesome.

Right now, we're preparing to meet up with my cousins and aunt for a day of shopping. The downside here is that, with the three of us in the house again, we fall into an old, old pattern. Because I am the youngest, I get up first.

So here I am, typing away, listening to the creaks of the upstairs as my sister moves around, counting down time.

I miss my husband, but it's only a week. We can handle a week.

More later. For now, I am going to think about coffee, but try to hold back from actually getting any, in the hopes that there will be coffee later. Sometimes there's coffee later.

Sorry this was a little bit random - now I can hear my sister making coffee on our parents' Keurig thingie and I think I might have to give in and have some.

Sigh.

I have no self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!