Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I neglect you


For that, I'm sorry.

I need to get back on the bloggin' horse, so to speak.

But I'm a little surrounded right now. We've had another blow happen, this time a financial one and not an emotional or physical one, so my husband and I are a little busy scrambling around trying to figure out what we're doing this time.

Add that to the seemingly unending pile of troubles happening to my loved ones, and everything just feels so weighted.

I count down the days to Illinois. Until July 22nd. Not even a full month. Soon soon soon.

I need a week where my mind isn't lost in trying to think four steps ahead of fate. It's an impossible proposition but I can't seem to stop trying.

So instead I'm going to make a promise to myself.

I'm going to buckle down and focus more on this blog, on writing, on myself, on the things I need to do to make me feel better, physically and emotionally. And let everything else sort of scatter where it may, for now.

We'll be okay.

This sweltering South Carolina summer isn't going to stop and wait for me to get my head together, so I'd best go outside and get on with enjoyin' it when I get the chance.

1 comment:

  1. get out and enjoy life - everything else can wait :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!