Monday, April 25, 2011

Savannah

So last Friday meant a surreal 60's-era restaurant called the Crab Shack out on Tybee Island, the very first place we went to. We met JW and Christina and Delainey there for lunch. It had live alligators out front around a little lagoon, sleepy things basking in the sunlight.

It was kitschy, and perfect. We sat next to a window and could look right out and see the water where at least some of our food likely came from. Jason and I split a huge Low Country Boil. We took this:


and made it this:


(with a little help from my brother-in-law JW)


It meant this little girl coated in sunscreen until her skin was almost pure white, running around on a beach for the first time, splashing in the ocean. It meant seeing JW and Christina out in the water with her, and telling her not to poke the jellyfish that washed up on shore.

Like that one.


It was this moment

but the best moment is still this one:


That little (but loud) voice yelling "It's the beach! It's the beach!" as she went running ahead of us.

Friday was seeing my sister and her family for the first time since Christmas, and seeing Jason see them for the first time since last July. The food was great (even the Pizza Hut pizza we ate at the hotel that night) and Delainey is so much taller than she was just at Christmas, and so very grown up.

This is only a couple of photos of Friday. I'll do Saturday and Sunday in a much bigger entry tomorrow, but I'm a bit sleepy, drinking my Sarsparilla from Maine Root. I'm still going through the 300-some photos I took over three days.

Tomorrow: raw oysters, an art museum, a pirate sword, heavy lifting.

There.

That's something to look forward to, right?

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait until it's warm enough here for me to scream, "It's the beach! It's the beach!" Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!