Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Friday


... and this is a duck.

I am making a grocery list, checking it against coupons and recipes and ideas and so on and so forth. It's domestic, sure, but then you look at my super messy apartment that neither Jason nor I have really had the energy to do anything with this week and that whole domestic illusion? Totally shattered.

All I've managed since 9 AM when I dragged myself into semi-productivity has been going for Day 2 of the (modified) C25K I'm doing, working on this grocery list, fiddling around with photos I took with my camera yesterday, and... well, does talking to friends count as productivity? I'm not certain if it does or not.




I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

In a couple hours, I'm going to go wake Jason up, and we'll go get groceries, drop some books off at the library, maybe go pick up my paycheck. This week has been fantastic; when I'm not working, we get to hang out when he wakes up. When I AM working this week it's been day shifts, so I come home and he is awake, and we have hours to see and talk to each other and in general act like giggly flirty crazy people before he has to go to work.

I've slept better this week, which is probably a sign I really don't need to stay up until 3 A.M. doing a whole lot of nothin' just because.

I don't know that it will stop me from doing just that, however.

I just don't know.


It's absolutely gorgeous here. 72 degrees. I did my running stuff between 9:30 and 10 AM in this beautiful balmy spring weather. I could feel sunlight on my skin, and I ran in a T-shirt and running pants, no jacket, no nothing. I could feel the wind against my ears and the back of my neck.

I think I could get used to spring in South Carolina, this odd February spring. Green things popping up all over the place.

I'll probably wear sandals when Jason and I go out to get groceries later.

Yeah, that's right.

Three days in a row, people. Sandals. In February.

I hereby officially renounce all my affection for Illinois and its harsh icy freezing winters. I am going to be a southern lady once and for all. Southern ladies get to have southern winters and southern springs.

Now come talk to me again when it's 100 degrees outside with 100% humidity in the middle of the summer and see how I feel then.


... this is also a duck.

Different duck, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!