Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Few Things

1.  So it occurs to me that I haven't actually pointed out on my this here blog that I actually don't have a working camera right now. Indeed, my camera, she is gone. I was able to save the memory card to get my photos from Colorado, but the camera itself, well.

The camera has gone to meet its maker, so to speak.

It's a long story.

Well, no, it's not.

It's a very short story that kind of embarrassing and honestly I just don't want to get into it.

So, until we are able to purchase a new camera, I am camera-less. I will do my best to post some old photos, or something to keep up visual interest. But honestly, it shouldn't be very long before I have a new camera and we can start seeing new pictures again!

2.  I went to bed at 3 A.M. last night, just because.

Now my head is all foggy and odd.

You might think I would learn my lesson.

You'd be wrong if you thought that.

I'll probably be up til 3 A.M. again tonight... just because.

3.  Exciting news!

I am going to New York City in early April!

My little cousin-in-law (which it's kind of odd to say that, as she's 18, but let's just move on) will be singing at Carnegie Hall! Several of my lady in-laws are going to go see her perform, and we'll get to spend a long weekend in New York City!

So there's another place I've never been before!

I can only say thank you, Robin, with complete sincerity, because that is going to be so cool.

Well, once we're there.

I suppose I'll have to go into more detail when I warn them about what happens to me during takeoff and landing on planes...

I mean, honestly, by the time this year is over, I will have been in a plane something like ten times.

Hopefully that'll help me flail a whole lot less during takeoff.

Especially since this time I won't have Jason or Jason's poor understanding best friend Justin to clutch onto. I think I left fingernail marks on one of them last time.

I'll just have to work a little harder to be calm this time.

4.  Our order from Amazon came yesterday (thank you, gift cards!). I have been listening to the new Decemberists' album nonstop, as well as the Laura Marling CD I got. It's so wonderful to finally not be listening to Laura Marling on youtube, but on my CD player, that I actually own.

Adding to that is another book I bought, Suck Your Stomach In and Put Some Color On!: What Southern Mamas Tell Their Daughters that the Rest of Y'all Should Know Too by Shellie Rushing Tomlinson. I bought it on a bit of a whim. The books by Celia Rivenbark (I talk about falling in love with her humor writing here). I know it seems like I'm falling too hard into this reading-up-on-bein'-Southern thing, but it's just so funny to read these books and go "Yep, I know people like that now. Yep, and that too. Heard that before".

Maybe I'm just trying to fit in.

Or...

maybe I just like funny writers?

5.  I need coffee. I will groan like a zombie and head into the kitchen now. And there I will make the coffee.

Brrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnnsss...

I mean cooooofffeee....

1 comment:

  1. go get coffee and perhaps cake - go on treat yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!