Friday, January 7, 2011

Today, I Am a Champion


I returned to the Department of Motor Vehicles today.

Today, I am a champion.

Today, I convinced a government agency to let me give them my money. My conversation with today's DMV employee was polite, cheerful. She asked about the book I was reading, I asked about the photos of her children she had taped up. We were kind to one another.

It was glorious.

And I don't have to go back again...

for at least two weeks.

I am so happy about this, you don't even know.

I have to work today, although it's only a four-hour shift. Jason works tonight, and didn't get to sleep until late this morning. We are hoping to have a bit of a date night tonight, just the two of us, before he has to leave. Plans include going downtown, eating at a swanky restaurant, attempting to use the gift cards so lovingly bestowed upon us by family. Annoying complete strangers with our cuteness.

I think we can handle it.

Today, I can handle anything.

I fought the Department of Motor Vehicles and won.

I think I could take on a bear*.







* Note: I'm pretty much 100% certain I could not, in fact, take on a bear.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like good news for your date tonight - husband smiling already?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!