Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tidbits

I am warning you in advance, readers. 

I'm in a really good mood this morning, and it really, really shows.

Read all this bubbly happiness at your own risk.
 

1. There is definitely a feeling of fall to the air at this point, a quick chill. It's almost 11 A.M. and only 61 degrees right now. This is a beautiful temperature for October; it's been just chilled enough for a sweater at sunrise and sunset, but gorgeous, sunny, and comfortable during the day.



2. I am dying to make these pumpkin scones and let me tell you, it is only a matter of time. Spiced glaze instead of the thick white icing? I am so there. I also found a recipe for a homemade pumpkin spice latte that uses actual pumpkin, which I have to admit is also kind of enticing.

This is the only place in which I am remotely domestic; that and laundry, I guess. I love cooking now, and trying new things, and I've always kinda liked doing laundry. But take one look at my house and you might ask why Jason and I don't know how to clean.

We do! It's just... there are so many other things you can do instead of clean! Like draw, or paint, or read, or... write blog posts...

Moving on!


3. I have lovely friends. That's always been a truth to my life; never a place I've gone I haven't made incredible friends when I got there. That holds just as true now as it ever has.

I have never not adored long talks into the early hours with people I want to know better.

Add to this the constant truth that I have never not had an incredible family, and well, I begin to wonder what exactly I did to get so blessed, especially taking into account that I married into an incredible family as well two years ago. I did that by marrying an incredible man.

I'll figure out what awesome thing I did to deserve all these wonderful people eventually.

4. I can't wait for Jason to wake up. He and I and a friend of ours are going to go see the American remake of a Swedish vampire movie, Let the Right One In, that I really adored when I was able to see it before. I bought the (English version of) of the book and devoured that insanely fast as well.

I'm interested to see what the American director will think is important vs. what the Swedish director did. One of the aforementioned awesome friends of mine is Swedish and she and I have talked before about how there is definitely kind of a different mindset to movies and books and thought patterns sometimes.

Also, we'll get to hang out with our friend! Which I haven't really gotten to lately, so I am definitely excited.


5. Work is work. There are only so many variations on "make coffee, make food, etc" that can occur, although last night was a bit... exciting, I guess. I was scheduled to close with another employee, but she never came in and no one could get ahold of her. I worked by myself for a while, and then they sent someone over from the bookseller side, a woman named Sarah who absolutely saved my kiester as far as getting closed even remotely close to on time.

I'm pretty sure I owe her cake of some kind.

Which reminds me!

Justin owes me pie.


Because I said so.

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy those days of being happy and wanting to infect others with that feeling :-)...there's nothing annoying about that unless one happens to be a perpetual grumpy pants (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis! Just wanted to say thanks for sharing the Pumpkin Scone recipe! I made them a couple of weeks ago, and thought they were excellent. Oh, and what did you think of "Let Me In"? I loved "Let The Right One In", and have been debating on whether to see the American remake.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!