Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wednesday Night & a Quesadilla Recipe


On Wednesdays I can often be found, by the early afternoon, at Justin's house doing laundry.

Laundry is my favorite chore; it's my zen place. It's the only chore I will volunteer to do. Sometimes I work on Wednesdays, but for the most part I really don't very often, which makes it a fantastic laundry day; I wander over to Justin's place, get laundry going, and spend the intervening time between loads reading magazines and scribbling in my sketchbook.

It is a nice and peaceful time, except that the cats both decided they love me. Which is nice, except that they are the sort of cats who will walk across your head or bite your nose to get attention.

Last night we got a small group of people together to start up a new game.

This is what 'game' is when I refer to it here or on Facebook:


GURPS. The Generic Universal Roleplaying System. We make up characters and one person runs a game/story, the universe wherein these characters exist. It's pretty fun.

When this happens, so far I've been testing out my cooking skills (or at least testing out my putting-stuff-together, then-jason-cooks-it skills) on the gamers.

This week's menu was Roasted-Red-Pepper-and-Goat-Cheese-Quesadillas and spiced nut corn bread for dessert. I'm putting up the recipe for the quesadillas, but the recipe for the corn bread needs a littel tweaking; I think the recipe in the book uses too much baking powder. I want to fiddle with it and make it again before I put it out there for the masses.

In any case...

food!

Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Quesadillas


What You Need:
8 oz. crumbled goat cheese
1 jar roasted red peppers
About four large handfuls of spinach
24 flour tortillas
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

On to the Creation!

Take a large skillet and heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then shift your pan around until the oil coats the bottom. Put aside a small bowl of olive oil and a brush.

Assemble your quesadilla; some cheese crumbles, spinach, and red peppers on one tortilla. Dust with salt and pepper inside each individual one. Place a second tortilla on top. Brush the outside with olive oil.

Cook in the skillet, 2 minutes or so per side, until golden brown and the cheese is melty on the inside. Repeat until all of the tortillas are cooked. This recipe made enough for six people to have two apiece.

   

And now back to my regularly scheduled programming of puttering around the house until Jason gets up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!