Sunday, September 12, 2010

Adrenaline is Awesome!

Those three words sum up what I have learned this weekend.

To sum things up; I worked 9 AM to 5:30 PM Saturday and Sunday at my job. Saturday morning, my poor supervisor was incredibly ill and had to go home. I had a helper for much of the day, but since it was a rainy, kind of awful weather day, we were absolutely swamped. I probably did more than a mile in tight little circles as I had to go back and forth, here and there, to and fro. I was exhausted when I got out of work on Saturday. Luckily I rallied long enough that we could go see Jason's aunt and his adorable little cousins and hang out with the family at Gina's house for a while. I watched Hunter and Carrie play hide-the-stuffed-animal games and Whitney do Sudoku with her daddy and it was just lovely. Nonetheless, Jason and I were absolutely asleep by 10:30 last night we were both so exhausted.

This morning, Sunday, I woke up at 5 AM. Absolutely wide awake. I ended up just lying in bed thinking about getting up until 7:30. It was very, very nice.

Then up for a shower and to get ready for work. When I got to work, I discovered Sherry, who had gone home Saturday, couldn't make it in Sunday, so I had someone else to help for a while! But they were short-staffed all over the place. So I had helpers coming in to relieve me for breaks or help when the lines got crazy but for a good chunk of the day was on my own.

When I got back to the house to change into other clothes, I thought to myself, the last two days have proven exactly one thing to me, and that one thing is the title of this post.

Adrenaline is awesome.

Still, this tiring weekend is holding off your update at least one more night.

I'm hoping tomorrow when I get out of work at 4:30 to be able to update about last Friday's trip to Clemson to see my sister-in-law at college and get a look at her campus and everything. I'll get there, I promise.

It's just that now I really... need to...

zzzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!