Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ow.


This is our apartment complex's little manmade pond. It's a retention pond, but they've dressed it up to look very pretty indeed with that fountain in the middle and a little deck seating area. There are benches all around under the trees and a small group of ducks (what do you call a group of ducks, anyway? A flock?) that make their semi-permanent home there. I've even seen geese.

I am tremendously out of shape and I am still working on getting back into a shape I like. Today I spent an hour in the apartment complex's complimentary fitness center, although I would only call about 45 minutes of that hour anything remotely resembling exercise.

Now I am waiting for my husband to feed me! I feel like this is becoming a theme. I promise I cook for him, too, it's just that I'm a whole lot more excited about stuff he makes than the stuff I make.

My legs hurt. Do you know how much my legs hurt? I don't think you do.

A lot.

That's how much my legs hurt.

Now to go back and do more cardio again tomorrow.

I have the least exciting life ever, I'm sorry. Tomorrow promises excitement; dinner with the in-laws and Jason's cousin Monica is in town! And his little sister Hunter is about to make her big foray into college and (semi) independent living. I remember how worked up I was leading up to my move-in date, so I imagine there will be a lot of excitement tomorrow night.

We're going to see Eat, Pray, Love as well.

I will now rest these aching legs of mine in the time-honored tradition of curling up with a book. In this case, I think the book that will gain the honor will be one of my old favorites, Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential.

Ow.

1 comment:

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!