Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A kind of egg salad

I just made this, and it is delicious, and so I will share it with you.

This is Jason's recipe, really; he made it last night to go on bread to eat at work. It's a kind of egg salad. This morning when I got up I realized I really wanted to eat what I had seen him make last night, so I made my own.

Now Jason hates mayonnaise. Loathes it. We don't eat a lot of the traditional "salads"; chicken salad, potato salad, egg salad, etc and so forth, because of the mayo that is usually way overdone in them.

So Jason made an egg salad last night; no mayo, just a few simple ingredients a little shake of black pepper, and yum.

So, here is how to make it! I suppose you could toss in a touch of mayo if you wanted it to bind a little better or you really like the taste. If we ever kept mayo in the house, I'm sure I would.

This recipe made about a bowl-sized serving for me. I would quadruple it if you've got a family that really likes egg salad. It made enough spread for two sandwiches for Jason. So I'm going to call it 2 servings.

Kinda Egg Salad





What You Need:
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 spears Kosher dill pickles
About a 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
2 smallish stalks celery, or one large one
1 green onion

And... Creation!

This is incredibly easy.

Cut up your hard-boiled eggs, add to bowl.
Cut up pickles, celery, green onion, add to bowl.
Add parmesan cheese.
Add pepper to taste. 
You don't need salt; there's plenty of salt-taste in the pickles and parmesan cheese.
Mix together.
Done!

You can spread it on bread or a tortilla or eat it straight out of the bowl, like I'm doing. 




Seriously? Yum.


And now I return to my morning coffee and learning what all happened in the world while I was sleeping. 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great! Call it "We-don't-need-no-stinking-mayo egg salad" or Mayoless Egg Salad for short. :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!