Thursday, August 26, 2010

I have a boring life sometimes.


This is a fountain in downtown Greenville.

I don't have anything terribly interesting to say. I work, I sleep, I have a precious couple of hours to speak to and be around my husband, I work, I sleep, I talk to Jason, repeat.

So on and so forth.

I just wish I worked a day job; then I'd be home every evening to hang out with him before he has to work... or that he worked a day job, because we at least would get to be around each other more. Nonetheless, the jobs we have are a gift, really. Something to be deeply grateful for.

And I am.

Believe me, I am.


Most of the time.

But there are times like right now, you see. Where I've been hanging out with him for a couple of hours since I got off work, but it has really begun to sink in that he is about to leave for work... and I won't see him with both of us conscious until Saturday afternoon because I am working afternoon-to-night tomorrow night. He will come home tomorrow morning and go to sleep. I will wake up, hang out for a few hours, maybe get to say hi to him as he wakes up, then go to work. I will come home an hour after he has left. He will come home when I am sleeping. I will wake up and be awake for a while.

He will wake up, and we will get to see each other.

For about an hour or so more?

I'm going to give myself leave to be whiny about it.


Then I will remind myself that this is a gift. My job is a gift. His job is a gift. Our whole relocation and how it has worked for us so far has been a gift. The kindness of our friends, willing to drive me home from work on nights when I get out after Jason has already left, is an incredible gift.

I still would like to get to relax with Jason without  mourning the counting hours until he has to go.

I give thanks for all the opportunities which have come our way.

Or rather, I will. In another hour or so.

When I stop feeling whiny about it.


... This is a duck.

1 comment:

  1. If work becomes a habit and there is no conscious attention brought to the work you do, then slowly over a period of time brain loses its plasticity. Greater the plasticity, greater is your ability to learn, unlearn or relearn because the brain forms fresh neural connections. To understand better how we can maintain the plasticity of our minds, read the article on http://www.oneworldacademy.com/mainpage/gallery/publications/habits-vs-awareness.php

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!