Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We interrupt this program...


My mother-in-law Robin is here! She came into town last night right around dinner time. This is the good news.

The bad news? Well, there's actually more bad news and more good news, both at the same time.

Bad news: Robin is allergic to our cat, or the trees, or something around here. So we're staying at a hotel! It's exciting, it sure is. I'm not sure what we're going to do when Jason's friends get into town, but for now, hotel!

Good news: Air conditioning! The hotel has cold air! Yay!

Bad news: Our rental company called us and let us know that we wouldn't be able to move into that apartment we had signed the lease for until at least next Thursday!

Good news: They called us back and gave us a different apartment, so we still get to move in on time!

Bad news: We're sleeping at a hotel, and I don't have a laptop. Actually none of us does. So I'm not sure what kind of updates I'll be able to do over the next few days. I'll be pausing the 30 Days of Book Questions until further notice.

Good news: Air conditioning yay!

So I'll try to write a bit tomorrow, but I promise nothing. Nothing I say!

Tomorrow we get the truck at 10 AM and begin the loading process... aren't you excited? I know I am.

I think we're going to escape this place and go to the bookstore and then eventually back to the hotel. So far it looks like Thai food for dinner.

Also exciting.

I'm off. Like I said, I hope to write a bit tomorrow and show some pictures from our packing adventures, but I don't have time to upload and edit them so nothing for now.

Later!

I'm going to go roll around in air conditioning at the bookstore now.

2 comments:

  1. We can stay in the hotel too. Remember when we were there for your wedding? The three of us shared a hotel room no problem. Does the hotel have a pool?!? I'll bring my suit. If it does not we should find a hotel with a pool and "visit our friends staying there". Besides, beautiful babes at the pool is good publicity for them.

    I'll let you borrow my laptop when we get there.

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy. Sounds like an unexpected mini-vacation. With the kind of heat we've had this summer, air conditioning is practically a mystical experience.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!