Monday, July 26, 2010

Right in Front of You


When Jason and I were still dating, we went to his family's timeshare at Garden City Beach with some of his family. I am a Midwestern girl, born and bred- it's not that I've never seen the ocean before, I have, roughly three times now I think, I was even on it when we were on that family cruise-it's just that I never cease to be slightly unsettled by all that water.

All at once. All in one place.

Then again, I love shells. Jason loves to tell people the story about reminding me that the beach was miles and miles long, I didn't have to keep my seashell-hunt to the same ten foot square of space.

I wrote that in the sand and took a picture of it.

I like that picture.

I don't have much to say about today. We didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped and yet are so hopelessly ahead of schedule I have a hard time worrying about it at all.

What we did get done: Swept and cleaned the hallway, cleaned out our closet entirely, packed up hangers, my shoe-shelves, a bunch of Jason's dress clothes, moved around some boxes, donated roughly one-third of my clothing to Goodwill. So that's something.

Tuesday's plan: Laundry! We need to get our last laundry-time in Carbondale over with (sniff... sniff). Then back here to dismantle the bed frames, vaccuum the bedroom and back bedroom...

Whew. I'm just glad I don't have to worry as much about running out of boxes. We still have four empty boxes just in case we need them! Which I'm pretty sure we will, at least a couple of them.

Well. Countdown five days. Eep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!