Monday, July 5, 2010

The Return of Katie

Photo taken at the rental house my sister and her family lived in before we moved, in Minnesota

So I return to southern Illinois for one last stretch before we get on out of this town. I have a giant pile of photos from my visit and a lot of work ahead of me in the next few days. I may just be sharing photos, without much in the way of text or time put into them, from my visit over the next week or so? But then maybe not. Exciting things could happen at any moment, right?

Right.

Speaking of which, my husband's car broke down. It broke down on his way up to see my family, Saturday night around 9:15 or 9:30 PM. It revved up very high several times and quit accelerating at the same time, and then was just done. On I-55, a huge interstate road. Three miles past his halfway stopping point. 

So I got a phone call, and my brother-in-law and I hopped in my car and drove off to go get him. We have to drive the two hours back up to Litchfield to go get his car whenever it gets fixed. So... that was kind of exciting and horrible.

On the other hand, there was a huge, orange-rust colored harvest moon and a giant pile of stars. The nights were very clear in McLean, it was lovely. I just sorta wish we didn't get to watch the moon on the way back from rescuing Jason.

Well, here I meant to write something quick before we went off on a walk and Jason has been waiting for whole minutes now. Oops?

Off on our walk. I'll probably update with some photos from the trip tonight or tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!