Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rampant Materialism Time

I know, I know, I know. But sometimes a woman's gotta window shop, right?

My favorite place to randomly window shop is Etsy. For the uninitiated, Etsy is a little bit like eBay, only it's not an internet auction and generally its focus is on handmade things or vintage finds. Anyone can make an Etsy shop and sell their handmade items or unique and interesting things they have found in vintage stores or thrift shops.

When I say anyone, I mean anyone. Which spawned a hilarious site Regretsy, a treasure trove of the more... questionable items one can find in Etsy stores.

But there are also a lot of things that are absolutely beautiful. So many things. And it is just so hard not to want them all.

So I thought I'd share a few of the things I am currently drooling over.

This horse pendant is just gorgeous. I love stylized horse figures and I really love the delicate blues and greens here.

Spirals like this I am really drawn to, so I of course love this a lot. I really like the stark white color with all the detailing on it.

To save on front-page picture craziness, click on 'Read More' to see the rest.





I want this sign to hang on my front door, seriously.

Tell me this purse isn't gorgeous. They have it in a plum color version, too. The longer I look, the more uncertain I am as to which one I want.

This little farmhouse pendant is just lovely. I would love to have this hanging on a brown or black cord, to stand out on its own against just a basic T-shirt and jeans.

I'm about to leave Illinois and live permanently somewhere else. I kind of love this little necklace as a reminder.

Or this brooch to wear on my lapel. If anything I wore ever hard a lapel to wear it on...

One day I will have one of Shreve Stockton's amazing bone necklaces for my own. One day. I have been drooling over these, when they are in her shop, for about a year now.

I also like the idea in bracelets.

I think these bowls just look beautiful. I don't think I'd ever eat out of them, I'd just keep them on a side table to toss my keys in or something. Or, I don't know, keep them around just to show to people.

"DID YOU SEE MY BOWLS?"

"... for the fifteenth time, Katie, yes."

I could live with that scenario.

I'm kind of in love with the whole recycled coffee sack as a purse thing, as seen here. This seller has a bunch of them.

I feel like I don't even need to explain why I like this.

Okay, those are just super-cute.


The writing says "He who holds the key can unlock my heart". I like the brass color with the turquoise blue.

And the last one tonight before I make myself go to bed... with dreams of messenger bags and necklaces dancing in my head...




I placed this necklace and this wall plaque together because it's the same theme. I think both are lovely. I've always really liked that song.

I need to go to bed before I find more pretty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!