Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A problem

Readers may recall when I wrote about having packed up all my books (in about fourteen boxes), except for a select few I kept. Those select few include an incredible book about China I got when I worked at Blockbuster and they had it for an amazing discount. My China, written by Kylie Kwong, is amazing.The author takes a trip through China and the book is full of her story, photographs of all the places and people she visited, and incredible recipes for fresh Chinese food from all the different corners of the country.

Technically, that this did not get packed was an accident, since I had been paging through it at night before bed and had sort of, kind of forgotten it in there. But I'm glad I kept it out, because I've been flipping through it again.

Other than that, I have Hallelujah Anyway, a book I mentioned some time back by an illustrator whose work I am falling head-over-heels in love with... and I kept out two brand new People of the books, the newest in the series, that I had only just recently gotten last time I visited my folks in central Illinois. (For a rambling discussion of my occasionally questionable taste in books, see this entryI specifically kept them to get through over the course of June and July, figuring I wouldn't need to buy any more books until August, right?

Sigh. Wrong.

A couple of days ago, I picked up People of the Weeping Eye, as I was bored and nothing quells my boredom better than books. I finished it in two days. And of course as soon as I was done with that, I picked up its sequel, People of the Thunder. That was yesterday afternoon. As of 5 o'clock today, I am done with that book now too.

Well... darn.

What am I supposed to do now? All the other books are packed up tight! Ready for the move! Ready to be loaded into the truck!

I don't know why I thought two books would hold me for a month. Clearly, I've gone mad.

Well... I won't stand for this. I'm going to have to sneak a couple of books out of the boxes and hope the temptation doesn't overtake me and I don't end up sitting on the floor, surrounded by unpacked books.

Well...

darn.

This clearly is a sign that I don't yet own enough books.

2 comments:

  1. Hah, that's funny but I understand. I live between 2 houses and always find the book I want is packed away. What do I do? I must troll the secondhand markets and buy another copy..:) I'm going to have 2 of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few books I have two copies of, because I had forgotten I had another copy that was still living at my parents' house, heh. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!