Friday, June 11, 2010

A bit like the girl on the flying trapeze



Today was not a day of accomplishment... although to be honest, yesterday really wasn't either. I am worried, about a lot of things, and I am a little beaten down by it. It's just sort of a part of life, and one I need to get very used to for at least the next couple of months, but... that doesn't mean I have to like it. I just need to convince myself to stop worrying and start doing things.

Packing, for instance. I think tomorrow's goal is to finish cleaning the living room and then pull down the boxes from the closet in the back bedroom and work on getting the back bedroom packed up. Once that's done, I'm going to move my clothing boxes that are fully packed into the back bedroom, which leaves only the clothes we are currently wearing for our bedroom. Then laundry. Tomorrow will be busy.

Over the next two months, we need to work even harder to line up jobs in South Carolina, get our apartment application approved, pack up all our things, call various power, cable and other such companies in south carolina to get prepared for that, find some time in there to occasionally talk to each other...

Sometimes making these huge decisions feels a little exhausting. I keep wanting to just be there already, to spend my first night sleeping in the new apartment, to get up and go buy groceries the next day. But it turns out I kind of have to actually live the next two months before that can happen. Oh well. Month and half, really, I suppose.

Anyway, most recent walking pictures:


Birdy in a tree! He let us get incredibly close to him.


We were walking, and suddenly Jason goes "Shush, look" really quietly and I turn and snap this picture. This isn't really using zoom at all, that's how close we were before they saw us.


Yes, they. Two lady-turkeys!


One of those vine-flowers, very close up.


Dragonfly!


Wild garlic, flowering.

Now, to await my husband's return from work and chow down on Crockpot Fiesta Chicken, the perfect cure to being too lazy to feel like doing any hard work for your meal, heh.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to visit South Carolina. Lucky you! Hope that Crockpot Fiesta Chicken was yum..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! Well, we ate two meals of it in a row, so I should hope it was good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!