Monday, May 17, 2010

Recovery

So, last week was basically a wash for me. I did very little (although I did manage to get a little writing done: I have a poem up on Associated Content about being a Cubs fan through good times and bad: you can see it here. Other than that, I moped around feeling terrible for several days. I barely even got any sketching done, so I just have one new-ish thing up for you all to see at The Giant's Eye. Clicking on the link will take you to the actual post.

Other than that... hmmn. Jason and I are both still following up on possible leads for jobs in SC, though we're not getting much in the way of bites. I am still working on finding some kind of income source before we move, but this is getting increasingly difficult and the closer we get to moving the harder it is. I'll figure something out.

A lemonade stand sounds promising...

Plans for today: eat the rest of my delicious leftover vegetarian chili, hang out with Jason, draw for a bit, hang out with Jason, read, Jason... have I mentioned it's Jason's day off? There will probably be walking later. I have the most boring life, don't I?

Don't worry, loyal readers. Give me about a month and things will start to get pretty frantic and exciting. I had a dream this morning about opening an art studio/shop in Greenville, South Carolina's downtown. I had shorter hair in my dream and a baby in a playpen that hung out in the studio with me. Maybe it is a prophecy? I sure hope so. Jason had a metalsmithing shop in my dream and I'd like that for him more than anything.

You can tell, I suppose, how close we are getting when all my dreams are about being there already, getting this over with. Leaving tire tracks behind and very little else.

I also have dreams about shopping at Whole Foods and not even worrying about how much everything costs. What does that tell you?

In any case, I do have a few photos for you... just some honeysuckle photos. Ours are turning this beautiful light yellow right now where they snake around all the trees and it smells absolutely wonderful all the time.


They are everywhere. There is not a wooded area I look at that isn't covered in honeysuckle.


See? That's a really pretty color of yellow, I really like it.


Some are still white, though.


Some intrepid farmer once tried to bind off his field with barbed wire and then appears to have given up keeping the wild plants from taking over. So if you look, there's a string of barbed wire, but it's absolutely coated in ivy, honeysuckle vines, some other kind of woody vine and everything else that's decided this place belongs to the woods and not to the farmer.

It actually makes a better barrier between people and the field than the barbed wire would have, I think.

That's all for today! I'm sorry for the sporadic 'blegh' updates of the last few days. Like I said, I haven't felt well at all. But I'm feeling better today!

Now... to finish my chili.

5 comments:

  1. Here I am Crooked Little Girl, and just had to comment. Moving to SC! Wheeee! Just finished Pat Conroy's latest novel, South of Broad, which is a hymn of praise to Charleston and a mighty amazing read. Hope the jobs roll in...all the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about calling you Crooked Little Girl but I clicked on your site from hers and got a bit mixed up! The comments were for you, tho'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay, don't worry about it, Miss L'Aussie! :) Charleston is a gorgeous place, although we'll actually be moving to the whole other end of the state. However we'll be in a much better position to visit Charleston, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie glad to hear you are feeling better! Everyone @ work has the flu and I'm trying my best to avoid them. Yellow is such a glorious, cheerful garden colour. Lovely pics as always... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy: Thanks! I'm glad I feel better, too. And thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I always wonder if I'm any good at taking them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!