Friday, May 28, 2010

Hazelnut coffee is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Okay, so that's a Benjamin Franklin quote that I screwed up that was originally about beer, but I think you've got to admit I have a point.

But hazelnut coffee is what got me writing this at all, so, you know, that's a good thing. I hope.

We introduced the cat to riding in the car, not inside a carrier, today. We're trying to get her acclimated to the idea of being in the car so that she doesn't freak out for twelve hours when we do our slow pilgrimage halfway across the country. She made lots of scaredy-cat noises at the beginning but eventually settled herself down and ended up just basically hugging my purse. Jason thinks the purse smells like our house, so it was something she felt safe with.

In an amazing act of foreshadowing, our neighbors have their giant U-haul so they can prepare their move... sitting outside of our house, on our side. So I keep looking outside and thinking, No, I didn't time travel. It'd be nice, though.

As per usual for Fridays, there's a update up at The Giant's Eye on a color study I worked on this week.

On to what you really read this for... the photos.


Please allow me to introduce you to... the cat with no bones!

She lays all spread-out like that when she's very happy. It takes up a surprising amount of space.

Yes, that is Jason on the couch with her.


Aw, look, he is petting the kitty. Also, he looks really good in that color of blue. I'm just sayin'.


The cat and Jason playing. She really likes playing with us, just so long as she doesn't have to, you know, move. Or change position at all.


Weedy-flower! Weeds get some of the prettiest flowers, let me tell you.


Grass gone to seed, waving in the wind.


I don't know what this is, but it sure is pretty. It would probably help if I ever even tried to look up what these flowers are...


These are vines. These are very tiny wood vines growing on a branch that was tilted downward towards the road, giving me some really good angles. They had very strange striped ants on them, but I'm pretty sure I didn't get the ants in any of the photos. These are amazing looking to me, and they look like someone made them. But they are just tiny vines.

Sometimes it's just really cool what nature comes up with when we aren't looking, or at least not looking close up.






Another vine.


Last shot. I don't know. I am very impressed by these tiny vines. Perhaps I am easily impressed.

That's all, for today!

1 comment:

  1. My cat rode in the car with no carrier for many years. She did pretty well except when she would get on the dashboard. LOL.

    I love the light in the pictures with Jason and the cat.

    It's funny, I had a garden store tell me it's only a weed if you don't like it. :-) The vines are catching (heh).

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!