Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A whirlwind am I

Today, I felt motivated. There are some things I needed to do: clean out the back bedroom for good, separating what will be going to South Carolina with us vs. what can be donated or given away. Get out my spring/summer clothes and put away my winter clothes. Clean the living room. Clean anything.

Did I do that?

Anyone who knows me knows the answer to that question.

No. No I did not do any of those things.

While Jason was at work (from 2:30 to 6:30), I did the following: I went to the local veggie stand to grab some vegetables we needed, then over to the Neighborhood Co-Op, which is usually out of our price range but thanks to my frankly incredible wealth of coupons and several I found in the store, actually came out cheaper than it would have at Schnuck's (my other choice). Then to Murdale Shopping Center's True Value, where I got a couple of pots, potting soil, and plant food. And back to the International Food Store for mochi, Korean sweet cake, and honey. All of this I got for five dollars less than I expected to spend on groceries today. I am so proud of me. That veggie stand is a godsend. I walked out of there with food that would have cost close to thirty dollars at Walmart having paid about 11$.

So: we now have cilantro seeds (coriander, I suppose), basil seeds, and some mini bell pepper seeds planted and watered for the first time. My Marigold-Egg from Grandma VanHoorn is cracked, watered, and in the window. I have made Berry Mint Tea (made with Plantation Mint tea bags, Blackberry tea bags, and Blueberry tea bags) and it is cooling is the fridge.

I was very active today and I can definitely feel it in my legs. They want me to just sit down already!

Today was a good day. Of course, my house is a mess, who really... there's always tomorrow.

I bought a loaf of fresh-baked bread at the Co-Op that was advertised as whole-grain peasant-bread. It has sunflower seeds, raisins, whole-wheat flour, some kind of nut thing, a couple different kinds of seeds I don't know... it's just delicious. I made a salad with spinach, carrots, green onions, celery, radishes, a little cheese, some of our Salad Toppins (I love that stuff) and bell peppers (red and green).

Day 2 of my attempts to eat better and eat a lot more veggies is a raging success so far!

Yay!

It is a cheerful day.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! You wore me out just reading about all you accomplished! NOW...to get to the cleaning...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!