Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quick, before I drive off to my exciting job

Ha ha... ha ha ha. It's funny because my job isn't exciting at all.

Pictures!

Jason and I went on our customary 'Yay it is pretty outside' walk. No sign of the little stray white dog we've been watching, but that doesn't mean anything. He's good at staying away from the road, so I think he's fine.

This is what the field that has not yet been plowed looks like:


This is actually right across the road from the field he has plowed. It's a fun contrast.

 After that, Jason made food. Remember my entry yesterday saying I should have him make lunch more often? And that delicious hamburger thing he did? Well, today, he proved to me one more good reason to let him be in charge of lunch. He made this:


He calls it "Sausage Noodle Soup", which is somewhat inadequate in describing just how awesome this soup was. It involves out buckwheat soba noodles, sausage, green onions, shiitake mushrooms, and bok choy. Sausage and green onions are seared in a pot, then water poured in to make a kind of delicious onion-y sausage broth. Cook soba noodles in said broth. In a bowl, put the chopped-up bok choy and shiitake 'shrooms and pour the soup over them, mix around, let sit a moment, then devour. Devour the whole pot of soup...

At least, that's what we just did this afternoon.

Food plans for tomorrow? Jambalaya. Because I said so.

Then, I capped off my day by bothering the cat.


"Okay, fine, just one picture, though. And only because Jason is petting me."


"Seriously? Another one? You have got to be kidding me. I'm a cat. I'm not doing any tricks."



"See, now you're interrupting my nap and that is just rude."

See, work will be a lot more fun now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!