Monday, April 26, 2010

And now that we're inside, it's sunny

Yesterday, we hung out with our friends Stevie and Jason and their kiddo Nolan in Cape Girardeau, MO. I didn't take my camera, so no pictures, but we braved the rain to see the River Heritage Museum (and an old fire truck!) and then the Glenn House, this really super pretty Victorian-era house. I correctly guessed the tiny tub next to the full-sized bathtub was a foot tub. Because I am awesome.

Sunday was a good day. Nolan is a ball of energy and enthusiasm at his best, and a ball of energy and righteous indignation at his worst. But the kid sure does know the cutest way to ask for a cookie.

Delicious, delicious cookies.

It is my mother's birthday today! Yay my mom! I have her present, I just need a weekend to go up there and give it to her. Hmmn. Plans must be made.

Jason doesn't work today, but does have class in the evening, so we went out early this afternoon for a little while and then went for an experiment with running and eventually, a walk when we got back. I think I can do this. I have some new exercise clothes, so... yay?

In any case, I have lots of pictures too!

First off, I would like to vividly show you just why the Irish Fest did not go as the planners hoped on Saturday.


That is me standing and taking pictures with the door cracked open while Jason napped Saturday afternoon. Isn't that frankly just sort of an impressive amount of rain all at once?


Your hostess and her husband in all their exercise-y glory:
                                                   


Oh, yeah. I have no idea why I'm saluting and making that weird face. Sometimes, you just have to salute. And make weird faces.


 This is what the cat did while we exercised. She just... looks so very thrilled.

And now a few pictures from the walk! I was playing with my close-up focus tool, so that's basically what the pictures are... experiments with that.



Below is the only really good picture I got: it's of a clover flower! I love clover flowers... then again, so do the giant mass of rabbits living in the meadow down the street.


 The plants are coming up really well with all the recent natural rainwater they've been getting. The cilantro especially is starting to really take shape.





I am going to go lay on the couch... oh wait no I'm not, the husband appears to have fallen asleep there already. Really? This took like five minutes.

Oh well. I'll leave you with a teaser detail-shot of the painting I finished for Casey! You can see the whole thing once she does.


Everybody have a great day!

What is everyone up to today, anyway?

5 comments:

  1. Katie! It's just a short visit to let you know I loved your comment on Poesia Torta, I'm happy you liked it there and please, come and visit me whenever you feel like it. There's no need to apologize for being an English speaker!!! I'm happy I write both in Portuguese and English so you can read it too. I'll be back later to comment on your post, I'm writing from my workplace, I just wanted to leave this note and I didn't find an e-mail I could send it to.
    I'll write again from home.

    Take care and keep smiling. =*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! It's just a short visit to let you know I loved your comment on Poesia Torta, I'm happy you liked it there and please, come and visit me whenever you feel like it. There's no need to apologize for being an English speaker!!! I'm happy I write both in Portuguese and English so you can read it too. I'll be back later to comment on your post, I'm writing from my workplace, I just wanted to leave this note and I didn't find an e-mail I could send it to.
    I'll write again from home.
    Take care and keep smiling. =*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for coming by my blog to say hello :) I'll definitely be reading yours from here on out, I love the images you pick to go with what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you ... sometimes you need to salute and pull weird faces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, Glen! Sometimes a weird face is the best possible one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!