Saturday, January 9, 2010

The year two thousand and froze to death

Weather.com is constantly reassuring me that tomorrow will be better. Currently, it is 12 degrees outside and the wind chill is 0. I suppose I should be thrilled it is no longer negatives? I'm actually pretty cheerful this morning. I've had my first cup of coffee and I'm about to start on my second. The cat's asleep in the bedroom and music is playing. Jason gets off work at 4, which I am definitely looking forward to.

I will possibly be doing a work-at-home internet thing. I've checked it out, it's absolutely legit, and while it doesn't pay great, it's something until I get a job. I've filled out a few more applications. When it gets warm enough that wearing my nice clothes doesn't equal freezing to death, I'll drive around and ask at a few places I know don't have websites or post up job openings online or anything.

I am just starting to warm up, which you can probably thank the coffee for. It's probably also due to me currently wearing two pairs of pajama pants (both light grey), my thick wool socks and slippers; a tank top, long-sleeved T-shirt, regular T-shirt, and sweater over that, my wool hat, and a scarf tied over my head. But let me tell you, I am gettin' cozy in here.

2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't need that many clothes in your home!!! It wouldn't hurt to turn up the heat a bit! *sheesh* And this is coming from the person who has the "cold" house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Central heating would probably fix that problem, but out baseboard heater in the living room is against an outside wall, so, you kind of take what you can get.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!