Friday, September 11, 2009

Sometimes, life as a grownup sucks

My district manager came to see us Wednesday and Thursday. He did a "center audit" those two days- IE, he checked up on lots of stuff to see if we were running our center efficiently and doing the best we could.

We were not.

We, in fact, probably had the worst audit I can imagine us having. There were so many things that had been let to slide, or that I had not known about (the district I trained in had different rules about some things and was apparently lax about others). I am worried.

The DM is not really talking to me about it just yet. He had originally planned to leave the audit on my desk, for us to discuss when I got to work today. I got there and it wasn't there. I called him and asked if we were going to talk about it, and he said that we would talk about it "later", this nebulous "later" that has no definition and no timeline.

This could mean several things. One is that he is planning to fire me when we discuss it, and would prefer to do so face-to-face. I am inclined to think this is not the case, as I think he would have done so immediately, but you never know with bosses. Another is that he got caught up with some other business (he is, after all, the DM for ten stores) and didn't finish it at the time, and hasn't yet, and won't talk to me until he does. The final one is simply that he has it done, but he doesn't want to discuss it with me while he is in other stores in the district and the managers of those stores might overhear what he says.

I am worried that I might lose this new job. I actually enjoy it, most of the time, so I'm a little more concerned about it than I might usually be. I clearly messed up; most of this is directly my responsibility, honestly. I was not as detail-oriented as I could have been. I have already begun the process of fixing those mistakes I am aware of.

In short, I would appreciate it if my family and loved ones prayed or sent good vibes or whatever that I keep my job.

I'm going to eat this delicious pizza my husband made now, and try not to be fearful or depressed.

2 comments:

  1. Katie: I will say a prayer for you. I know you are a good person that cares for people and tries to do the right thing. You did not intentionally leave things undone. Sit back, relax, and take three deep breaths. You will feel better! We will be thinking about you when we meet at McDonalds for lunch. Grandma Swearingen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks! Life as a grownup does suck sometimes - but it's wonderful other times, so hang in there! Hopefully your boss will give you a chance to fix the mistakes he saw - you are still new to the job, afterall!

    Love you!,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!