Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring is upon us

and true to the way I was raised, I'm feelin' the cleaning itch. Because of who I am, that itch is very small and I can mostly ignore it.

I am giving in to it in a small way today, as I'm putting a bunch of the clothing I no longer wear in a goodwill donation bag.

I cashed a birthday check today and bought myself some lovely sale clothing for spring. Apparently my spring color will be something between robin's egg blue and turquoise, since that's roughly the color of all three shirts I bought. I also bought a pair of lovely dark jeans and chocolate brown linen pants. A good pair of linen pants is a spring must-have in my opinion.

Yay sale stuff.

Next paycheck, I can have a bit more. Stupid grown-up budgeting that I'm really bad at finally sneaking in.

Jason and I ate at Red Lobster yesterday with those gift cards Mom sent me. We both left completely stuffed and entirely satisfied with our meal. The waitress was really nice. Jason always makes comments about how even the 'fresh' fish isn't -really- fresh. Haha, being raised near the coast (well, relatively speaking) apparently spoiled him.

Jason got denied his request to come to my parents' house with me on Easter weekend. I don't know if I got it yet or not, his assistant manager actually spoke to him in person about it. Inventory starts that week, so nobody in departments is getting anything... but I'm a cashier and we have absolutely nothing to do with inventory, so I should get it.

It makes me sad :( I hate spending even four days away from him. Oh well. I'll dispatch our friend Alana to come play video games with him so he won't be sad.

The upside is that I get to see the beautiful baby! I listen to my niece on the phone and watch videos Christina sends us through e-mail and she just gets cuter every day. She was trying to steal the phone from Christina to talk to me tonight, ha.

Okay, to do list:

1. Taxes (yes yes I know)
2. Rent apartment for next year
3. Contact thesis committee to set up meeting
4. Profit?
5. Eventually sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round - please leave your thoughts and I'll make it my goal to answer!